What Makes Ronald D. Hedding Uniquely Qualified To Represent You?
I have now been defending sex crimes since the early 1990s. I started off getting a complete view of criminal sex crime when I worked for the District Attorney's office in East Los Angeles and then I shifted over and started to work for a Superior Court Judge as his research attorney.
This type of initial experience was invaluable in figuring out how to (1) defend sex crimes; and (2) negotiate sex crime cases.
You have to realize the District Attorney's office in Los Angeles and in many surrounding counties in California are like a corporation. It has a power structure. You have the prosecutor that is in charge of a particular case and then you have leadership above that prosecuting attorney.
So, the leadership will consist of supervisors, assistant head deputies and then the full power structure of the DA's office.
When it comes to some of these more serious sex crime cases, understanding how the hierarchy of a DA's office works is crucial in trying to negotiate and resolve these cases.
Many of the more serious sex crime cases that I've handled over the years are not going to be able to be resolved through discussions with the prosecutor who is assigned to the case.
The reason for that is, that prosecutor does not have the authority to actually make an offer to settle the case.
They must go through their boss, but it is important how they feel about the case, because the boss is going to specifically ask them about their feelings and how they're viewing the case in reaching a decision.
A lot of times, that prosecutor is going to give the boss certain information that may or may not be advantageous to the criminal defendant.
Also, with having a background of working for a Superior Court Judge, I see how judges figure out how to resolve cases, what matters to them and when they'll actually get involved in a criminal sex crime case in attempting to resolve it, and when they won't.
Almost Three Decades of Experience in Criminal Law
And then, of course, probably the most invaluable experience that I have, is being a criminal defense sex crime attorney since 1994. No too many people can say this.
Not too many people know how to effectively handle sex crime cases and not too many people have the trial record that I have, having defended over 250 criminal cases at the defense level. There's a lot of people who have prosecuted criminal defendants, but who cares about that:
- you want an attorney who is battle-tested;
- who has had to defend a sex crime case;
- both at a jury trial level and at a negotiation stage.
Many of the attorneys that I see on the internet have only been criminal defense attorneys for a very short period of time. They're not battle-tested. They don't know what it's like to have the full weight of the government against you.
They don't know what it's like to have a judge, who is a former prosecutor, on the case, trying to help the current prosecutor convict your client.
These are the types of things that the best criminal defense sex crime attorneys know how to deal with and how to handle. I'm battle-tested. I'm forged in fire.
I've been doing this for a long time with a lot of success, defending my clients at the trial level and in negotiating cases and going through the power structure of the DA's office.
So, if you're looking for the best sex crime criminal defense attorney, you've come to the right place. Pick up the phone. Ask for a meeting with Ron Hedding. You'll notice that this introductory statement is written in the first person and that's because I'm the one writing it.
If you look at any of the other criminal defense so called sex crime attorneys, most of those attorneys are not putting videos out there.
This is because they are not good speakers, and number two, because they don't have the ability to make a video and actually put something out there that is going to convince a client to hire them.
Another thing you're going to notice is a lot of their content on their sex crime websites are written in the second person and that's because they're not the ones writing it.
Do you want to get advice and information from somebody who's actually been in the courts defending jury trials, negotiating sex crime cases all over California?
I have been handling federal sex crime cases all over the nation> You don't want a website company giving you the information. That's what you have to think about.
Check out my record. Check out what I've done. Pick up the phone. Ask for a meeting with Ron Hedding and I will do everything I can to help you.
Years Of Experience:
- Over 27 Years
Current Employment Position(s):
- Managing Attorney
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Federal Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Superior Court for Los Angeles County
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Published Opinion – Mr. Hedding was the attorney for the defense in a criminal matter that was published by a California Court of Appeals.
- High Profile Cases – Mr. Hedding has handled numerous high profile cases which have garnered local and national media attention.
- 2004 Presidential Pardon – President George Bush granted a Presidential Pardon for one of the Hedding Law Firm clients. This pardon was worked on by the firm and pending for approximately four years before it was finally granted.
- Mr. Hedding has handled Federal matters all over the nation.
- Mr. Hedding's experience includes working for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office and for a Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice – 1995
- United States District Court – Central District of California – 1994
- American Bar Association – 1995
- Association of Trial Lawyers – 1998
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 1999
- Supreme Court of the United States – 1997
- California Supreme Court – 1994
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Century City Bar Association
5 Star Reviews
Honors and Awards:
- A.V. Peer Review Rated – Mr. Hedding has received the highest marks for ethical standards and legal ability by other attorneys and judges.
- 2005 Rising Star – Mr. Hedding has been named a Rising Star by Law and Politics (the publishers of Los Angeles Magazine). This honor has been given to less then three percent of attorneys in the State of California.
- Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year 1999 and 2004 – by Consumer Business Review
- Distinguished Leadership Award – ABI
- 2002 Man of the Year – American Biographical Institute, USA
- Outstanding Professional Award in the field of Criminal Law – 2002
- Strathmore's Who's Who – for leadership and achievement in criminal law.