Fighting the Case vs. Negotiation for Plea Bargain
I've been practicing criminal defense, and specifically, dealing with sex crime defense, since the early 1990s as a defense attorney. Many of these attorneys tout themselves as former prosecutors, which is fine if you want someone who prosecuted people.
If you want an attorney who defends people, who win, who knows how to negotiate, you've come to the right place. My experience started in 1992 when I began working for a Superior Court Judge as his right-hand man, helping him right his tentative rulings, helped him research cases, and strategize cases.
That gave me a pretty good feel for how judges look at cases, and from there, in 1994, I put up my shingle as a criminal defense attorney and have been doing that ever since, working for people just like you.
I've been working to make sure that you stay out of prison, trying to avoid sex registration, strategizing cases, and figuring out what the best alternatives are. Our California sex crime defense lawyers will take a deeper dive into some important information below.
One of the biggest things about sex crime defense is getting your roadmap from the beginning.
In other words, are we going to fight the case and take it through trial, or is it a situation where the government does have evidence against you, and we need to mitigate and negotiate?
That decision must be made first, and it has to be made with all of the information. I'm going to need to talk to you about it, and I'm going to need to see what the prosecutor's case looks like. Then, I'll put my almost 30 years of experience to work for you.
We'll talk about the case. We'll make a decision. I'll tell you the truth. I'm not going to string you along. I'm going to tell you how I view things -- whether it's good, bad, or ugly.
You've got to know from the beginning where you stand so you can make the right moves moving forward. Just like anything in life, if you don't start with a roadmap, you're going to end up in a bad place.
You want to end up in a place where you're protected -- where you've made the right moves, where you've taken the proper steps, and where you've put yourself in a position to be successful.
What are the Common Sex Crime Charges in California?
- Penal Code 220 PC - assault to commit a felony,
- Penal Code 236.1 PC - human trafficking,
- Penal Code 243.4 PC - sexual battery,
- Penal Code 261.5 PC – statutory rape,
- Penal Code 261PC – rape,
- Penal Code 266h PC – pimping,
- Penal Code 266i PC – pandering,
- Penal Code 269 PC – aggravated sexual abuse of a child,
- Penal Code 286(b) PC – sodomy of a minor,
- Penal Code 288 PC – lewd acts with a minor,
- Penal Code 288.2 PC – send the harmful matter to seduce a minor,
- Penal Code 288.3 PC - contacting minor to commit a felony,
- Penal Code 288.4 PC – arrange a meeting with a minor for lewd purposes,
- Penal Code 288.5 PC - continuous sexual abuse of a child,
- Penal Code 288a PC – oral copulation with a minor,
- Penal Code 289 PC - forcible sexual penetration with a foreign object,
- Penal Code 311 PC – child pornography,
- Penal Code 314 PC – indecent exposure,
- Penal Code 647(a) PC – lewd conduct in public,
- Penal Code 647(b) PC - solicitation of prostitution,
- Penal Code 647(J)(4) PC – revenge porn,
- Penal Code 647.6 PC – child molestation,
- Penal Code 290 PC – failure to register as a sex offender,
- Penal Code 653.22 PC - loitering for prostitution.
Contact Our Law Firm For a Free Confidential Consultation
Pick up the phone now. Ask for a meeting with the best sex crime defense attorney in Los Angeles, Ron Hedding. We'll sit down and go over your case.
We'll talk about what factors drive prosecutors. When do they try to seek prison? When do they try to seek sex registration?
What type of cases make sense to take to trial, and what type of cases does it make sense to negotiate? These are the type of things that you've got to look at.
When you look at many other websites on the internet, unfortunately, they're not written by the attorneys that practice.
Website companies write them. Why do you want to take advice from a website company? Take advice from an attorney who's been doing it for almost 30 years.
One who's been in the trenches battled cases out against the best prosecutors, the best detectives in LA, and had success -- who knows what moves to make, when to make those moves and what it takes to get you the best result.
Pick up the phone. Ask for a meeting with Ron Hedding. I stand at the ready to help you.
Hedding Law Firm is located in Los Angeles County and serves people in California and United States. We offer a free case evaluation by calling 213-542-0979 or filling out the contact form.